Accordion microphone

by Sony

How do i replace a microphone in an accordion?
My dad has an accordion that appears to have been retrofitted with some kind of microphone. I could not find any numbers or name or any identifiable mark. It is about two inches around, has two leads and looks like the mouth piece of the old bell phone except for the two leads instead of two rings for the connection. I tried using one of those condenser 'electret' microphones I got from 'Radio Shack' but that didn't work. I was thinking of removing the head of a 'Hand held' mic but, not sure if this is worth it, or if it is going to work. He plugs into the same amp of his electric keyboard with a 1/4 inch phono plug. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comments for Accordion microphone

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Dec 16, 2010
How is it mounted?
by: Anonymous

How is the mic mounted? On the accordion or in it?

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Microphone Questions.